How fast do they spread?
Unlike other insects, bed bugs are slow to reproduce. Bed bugs can spread from one room to another through door frames, cracks and crevices in walls, ceilings, windows and floors.
Bed bugs aren’t known to spread diseases, but their presence may cause itching and loss of sleep. The itching can lead to excessive scratching that can increase the chance of a secondary skin infection. Bed bugs aren’t dangerous, although an allergic reaction to several bites may need some medical attention.
Did you know?
- Bed bugs can live anywhere, not only in hotels. They live in family homes, apartments, hospitals, college dorm rooms, office buildings, schools, buses, trains, movie theaters, retail stores and just about anywhere humans are.
- Bed bugs are smart enough to know that they shouldn’t be visible during daytime. At night they are tempted away from their hiding spots.
- Bed bugs aren’t only found in cities.
- Bed bugs can withstand extreme freezing temperatures; therefore it cannot be treated with DIY measures. KOVA Pest Control is the most effective way to treat an infestation.
- Bed bugs can survive for up to 12 months without feeding.
- Female bed bugs can lie anywhere between one and five eggs a day.
- Bed bugs are often found in beds and small cracks and crevices.
If you have a bed bug infestation, don’t try to treat it on your own. Instead, contact us who are trained on the (unique, often sneaky) habits of bed bugs. We will be able to inspect your home and recommend an effective course of treatment.